By Christopher R. Jacobs, Daniel J. Kelly (auth.), Paulo R. Fernandes, Paulo Jorge Bártolo (eds.)
This ebook offers a set of chapters describing the cutting-edge on computational modelling and fabrication in tissue engineering.
Tissue Engineering is a multidisciplinary box related to scientists from assorted fields. the improvement of mathematical equipment is kind of correct to appreciate phone biology and human tissues to boot to version, layout and fabricate optimized and shrewdpermanent scaffolds.
The bankruptcy authors are the prestigious keynote audio system on the first Eccomas thematic convention on Tissue Engineering the place the emphasis used to be on mathematical and computational modeling for scaffold layout and fabrication. this actual region of tissue engineering, whose target is to procure substitutes for challenging tissues akin to bone and cartilage, is turning out to be in value.
Read Online or Download Advances on Modeling in Tissue Engineering PDF
Similar engineering books
A source for all engineers in all disciplines. The Engineering instruction manual CRCnetBASE offers encyclopedic assurance of all parts of engineering. Designed for the pro engineer practising in any of the disciplines comprising the sector of engineering, The Engineering instruction manual CRCnetBASE is complete, useful, and entirely searchable, permitting speedy and straightforward entry to info in parts inside, and out of doors, the reader's sector of specialization.
This quantity is a part of the Ceramic Engineering and technology continuing (CESP) series. This sequence incorporates a number of papers facing matters in either conventional ceramics (i. e. , glass, whitewares, refractories, and porcelain tooth) and complicated ceramics. issues lined within the region of complex ceramic comprise bioceramics, nanomaterials, composites, sturdy oxide gas cells, mechanical houses and structural layout, complicated ceramic coatings, ceramic armor, porous ceramics, and extra.
This ebook is ready computational equipment in keeping with operator splitting. It involves twenty-three chapters written via famous splitting strategy members and practitioners, and covers an unlimited spectrum of issues and alertness parts, together with computational mechanics, computational physics, photograph processing, instant communique, nonlinear optics, and finance.
- Finite Element Method: Volume 2, Solid Mechanics
- Engineering Applications of Nanotechnology: From Energy to Drug Delivery (Topics in Mining, Metallurgy and Materials Engineering)
- Multilevel Modeling Using R (Chapman & Hall/CRC Statistics in the Social and Behavioral Sciences)
- Aviation Maintenance Management (2nd Edition)
- Extreme Engineering (Scientific American Special Online Issue No. 19)
- SF6 Switchgear
Extra resources for Advances on Modeling in Tissue Engineering
4. Nonlinear compression tension behavior of the Ogden model for the model parameter α ranging from 6. to 10. Strain stiffening continues to occur in compression while tensile behavior transitions from strain softening to strain stiffening. Decreasing α again results in more linear behavior. Fig. 5. 5 to 10. Strain stiffening continues to occur in compression while tensile behavior exhibits strain softening to strain stiffening. Decreasing μ results in more linear behavior. 3 Anisotropic Extension of the Ogden Strain Energy Function for Fiber Reinforced Tissues As noted by Fung , most soft tissues exhibit strain stiffening behavior even in tension.
3 Anisotropic Extension of the Ogden Strain Energy Function for Fiber Reinforced Tissues As noted by Fung , most soft tissues exhibit strain stiffening behavior even in tension. Many researchers postulate that this strain stiffening behavior is due embedded fibers that are initially crimped but uncrimp during stretching, becoming stiffer. In this case, would one expect stiffening behavior only along the fiber axis. Holzapfel and Ogden [15-17], as well as Humphrey et al. [18-19] among others have proposed many models for fiber-reinforced biologic tissues in which a ground substance is assumed to be isotropic and anisotropic stiffening behavior is assumed to be an additive or multiplicative addition to the isotropic ground substance.
J Biomed Mater Res A, 94:9-18. 29. Migneco F, Huang YC, Birla R, Hollister SJ (2009) Poly(glycerol-dodecanoate), a biodegradable polyester for medical devices and tissue engineering scaffolds. Biomaterials. 30:4063-4069. Computational techniques for selection of biomaterial scaffolds for tissue engineering S. Checa, C. P. J. Kelly, D. J. Prendergast Abstract: Computational tools are nowadays an indispensable tool for engineering design. Tissue engineering is an interdisciplinary field which so far has been mainly limited to experimental investigations.