By Bill Johnson
In the bestselling form of the Reeds Handbook sequence, Reeds Ocean Handbook builds on Reeds Skipper's Handbook with suggestion for skippers or group making plans to enterprise extra afield. Complimenting the RYA Ocean Yachtmaster direction, this convenient pocketbook presents the entire crucial navigation, climate, and path making plans concept, in addition to functional assistance and suggestion on long-distance radio communications, ocean passage-making, and risk/emergency preparations.
Color coded sections, for straight forward accessibility, cover:
- international weather and direction making plans (including global wind platforms, ocean currents, tropical revolving storms)
- Navigation (charts, nice circle vs. Mercator routes, time zones, satellite tv for pc navigation structures, recommendation on on-passage navigation routines)
- Astro navigation (basic concept refresher, functional astro navigation, plus utilizing and adjusting the sextant)
- Passage making (route making plans, getting ready the yacht, strength wishes, offers of water, nutrition, gasoline, and diesel, watch-keeping exercises, staff care)
- Communications (features and merits of VHF, MF, SSB, and satellite tv for pc telephones, climate fax, electronic mail, and entry to the internet)
- hazards and emergencies (preparing for them, apparatus list, seize baggage, emergency procedures)
Internationally correct with colour diagrams all through, this useful pocket-sized guide is a perfect revision relief on shore and the correct fast reference advisor at the boat.