By Irfan M. Ovacik
The manufacturing unit scheduling challenge, that of allocating machines to competing jobs in production amenities to optimize or at the least enhance approach functionality, is encountered in lots of diverse production environments. Given the aggressive pressures confronted via many businesses in contemporary quickly altering worldwide markets, enhanced manufacturing unit scheduling should still give a contribution to a flrm's luck. besides the fact that, although an in depth physique of analysis on scheduling versions has been in life for a minimum of the final 3 a long time, lots of the thoughts presently in use in are particularly simplistic, and feature no longer made use of this physique of data. during this ebook we describe a scientific, long term study attempt geared toward constructing powerful scheduling algorithms for complicated production amenities. We concentrate on a speciflc business context, that of semiconductor production, and take a look at to mix wisdom of the actual construction procedure with the tools and result of scheduling study to strengthen powerful approximate resolution techniques for those difficulties. the category of equipment we recommend, decomposition tools, represent a huge kin of heuristic methods to giant, NP-hard scheduling difficulties that are utilized in different environments as well as these studied during this book.
Read or Download Decomposition Methods for Complex Factory Scheduling Problems PDF
Best manufacturing books
Presents particular directions on find out how to layout, make the most of and enforce a producing procedure according to the speculation of constraints, facilitating the amendment of a conventional method in order that it greater conforms to sensible wishes. The paintings is helping establish and get rid of coverage constraints that bog down a company's profit-making strength.
This booklet provides a close dialogue of the types that have been constructed to simulate the cave in and post-collapse habit of metal pipes. The finite point technique bargains to engineers the opportunity of constructing types to simulate the cave in habit of casings within oil wells and the cave in habit of deepwater pipelines.
This ebook provides wide assurance of irradiated meals and foodstuff items infected with meals borne pathogens, and the consequences on irradiation and packaging fabrics and ingredients. It additionally indicates the consequences ionizing radiation has on better sensible parts in clean vegetables and fruit.
Tradition and belief in Technology-Driven companies offers perception into the $64000 function that tradition and belief can play within the good fortune of high-technology enterprises. This booklet studies the literature and result of an empirical research that investigated the connection among mechanistic and natural cultures and the extent of belief in technology-based companies.
- Handbook of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Formulations: Liquid Products (Volume 3 of 6): Volume 2
- The Kaizen Event Planner: Achieving Rapid Improvement in Office, Service, and Technical Environments
- Manufacturing Automation Management: A Productivity Handbook
- Advanced Manufacturing. An ICT and Systems Perspective (Balkema: Proceedings and Monographs in Engineering, Water and Earth Sciences)
- Technische Strömungslehre: Band 2: Anwendungen
- Contract Manufacturing and Packaging May-June 2011
Additional resources for Decomposition Methods for Complex Factory Scheduling Problems
2: Computational Burden of Various Solution Procedures The effectiveness of a decompoSition method, in terms of computational performance and the quality of the solutions obtained, depends heavily on the nature of the problem under study. If the subproblems identified in the decomposition 26 Chapter 2 -Industrial Context and Motivation interact heavily and in nonsimple ways, a decomposition method will be more difficult to develop. A greater degree of approximation may be necessary to obtain tractable subproblem structures, but may result in less accurate solutions; inaccurate models of the interactions between subproblems may result in infeasible solutions, requiring in turn the inclusion of procedures to restore feasibility.
Since operations are added one by one, infeasibilities can arise when the current operation requires a machine at a time when it is already occupied by another operation that was scheduled earlier. Hence the problem of maintaining feasibility, or constraint Decomposition Methods for Complex Factory Scheduling Problems 37 propagation. needs to be addressed explicitly. In this approach this is accomplished by a network representation of partial schedules similar to the disjunctive graph described in Chapter 4.
1. Wiley (1991). , "Decomposition Heuristics for Robust lob Shop Scheduling", Research Report 93T-008, Department of Industrial Engineering, Lehigh University (1993). , "Single Machine Scheduling Problems with Dynamic Arrivals: Decomposition Results and a Forward Algorithm", Naval Research Logistics 43, 709-719 (1996). , "Rolling Horizon Procedures for the Single Machine Dynamic Scheduling Problem", School of Industrial Engineering, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 479071287 (1995). , "A Modified Shifting Bottleneck Procedure for lob Shop Scheduling", International Journal of Production Research 31, 923-932 (1993).