By edited by John R. Fletemeyer, Samuel J. Freas.
A heritage of drowning and resuscitation / Samuel J. Freas --
Etiology and therapy of drowning / Jerome H. Modell --
What is occurring with drowning premiums within the usa? / Christine M. Branche --
Racial adaptations in drowning: cultural or organic? / Fred A. Mael --
Drowning in a hypothermic surroundings / Desmond Bohn --
Water rescue equipment for emergency provider services / John R. Fletemeyer --
The YMCA viewpoint on drowning prevention / Laura Slane --
Drownings at the shorelines of Brazil / David Szpilman --
Contemporary ocean security and lifeguard rescue carrier on Oahu, Hawaii / Ralph S. Goto Drowning intervention: a military Corps of Engineers point of view / Brad Keshlear --
Drowning intervention and prevention: a U.S. Coast safeguard viewpoint / Bruce Schmidt --
Scientific proof exhibit Heimlich Maneuver most sensible technique for drowning resuscitation / Henry J. Heimlich and Eric Spletzer --
Water security measures for resorts and motels / John R. Fletemeyer --
Reflections on lifeguard surveillance courses / Frank Pia --
Drowning in a closed- water surroundings: classes that may be discovered / E. Louise Priest --
Lifeguard behaviors and systematic scanning options / Tom Griffiths, Don metal, and Hans Vogelsong --
Toward a predictive version for rip currents and their effect on public safeguard with emphasis on actual, demographic, and cultural issues / James B. Lushine, John R. Fletemeyer, and Robert G. Dean.
Read or Download Drowning : new perspectives on intervention and prevention PDF
Similar nonfiction_12 books
Covers quite a lot of business purposes of part diagrams. content material: Preface; consultation 1- Hardmetals/Steels; part DIAGRAMS AS a device FOR THE creation AND improvement OF CEMENTED CARBIDES AND STEELS; THERMODYNAMIC research OF SINTERING methods FOR THE creation OF CEMENTED CARBIDES; functional functions OF THERMODYNAMIC facts IN IRON energy METALLURGY; THERMODYNAMIC CALCULATIONS OF THE AUSTENITE/ MARTENSITE CONTENTS OF SILICON-CONTAINING DUAL-PHASE STEELS; consultation 2 -- Ceramics; part DIAGRAMS: instruments FOR the improvement OF complex CERAMICS; section EQUILIBRIA within the SILICON CARBIDE-ALUMINIUM method.
This e-book investigates the self-concept of the scholars with highbrow disabilities who have been put in professional and mainstream academic settings in South Australia. It profits insights into what scholars with highbrow disabilities felt approximately themselves and their achievements around the various dimensions of self-concept.
- Decision Making: Uncertainty, Imperfection, Deliberation and Scalability (Studies in Computational Intelligence)
- Organization and Practice in Tuberculosis Bacteriology
- Handbook of Image Quality : Vol. 75: Characterization and Prediction
- Tunumiit oraasiat: Tunumiut oqaasii, Det østgrønlandske sprog, The East Greenlandic Inuit Language, La langue inuit du Groenland de l'Est
- Eleven Exiles: Accounts of Loyalists of the American Revolution
Additional info for Drowning : new perspectives on intervention and prevention
Modell, J. , "Resuscitation after aspiration of chlorinated fresh water," JAMA 185:651-655, 1963. Modell, J. , Pathophysiology and treatment of drowning and near-drowning, Thomas, Springfield, 1971, pp. 74-82. Modell, J. , Pathophysiology and treatment of drowning and near-drowning, Thomas, Springfield, 1971 , pp. 8- 12. Modell, J. , "Drown vs. near-drown : a discussion of definitions," Crit. Care. Med. 9:351-352, 1981. , Les asphyxies accidentelles (submersion, electrocution, intoxication oxycarbonique ).
If the patient is awake and talking, that is a very positive sign; however, one does not know how close the patient may be to losing consciousness due to a slight further drop in arterial oxygen tension. If the patient is not able to maintain an airway, then that airway must be supported manually by the emergency medical technician; the need for an oropharyngeal airway or even endotracheal intubation should be evaluated. It should be remembered, however, that if the patient has active oropharyngeal reflexes, inserting an oropharyngeal airway may lead to laryngospasm or to vomiting with subsequent aspiration of stomach contents.
8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. measures for drowning persons and information of the best means by which they can again be brought back to life , H. Tikiob's Bookseller, Copenhagen, 1796. Kouwenhoven, W. , Jude, J. , and Knickerbocker, G. , "Closed-chest cardiac massage," JAMA 173:1064, 1960. A. , "Sensations in drowning," Edinburgh Med. J. 13:41-45, 1903. Karpovich, P. , "Water in the lungs of drowned animals," Arch. Path. 15:828-833, 1933. Craig, A. B. , "Underwater swimming and loss of consciousness," JAMA 176:255-258, 1961.