By Steven R. Daugherty, Ph.D.
Read Online or Download Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes 2009-2010: Behavioral Sciences PDF
Best nonfiction_4 books
"Economic integration that ends up in the convergence of earning and dwelling criteria is on the center of the ecu accession method. the idea is that exchange integration mixed with institutional harmonization will result in sustainable capital flows from eu Union member international locations to acceding nations .
- New Perspectives on People and Forests
- Abyssal Channels in the Atlantic Ocean: Water Structure and Flows
- Pan Michael
- Deathstalker 05 - Deathstalker Destiny
- The Efectiveness of Greek armour against Persian Arow in the Persian Wars (490-479 BC)
Additional resources for Kaplan USMLE Step 1 Lecture Notes 2009-2010: Behavioral Sciences
21. Answer: F. 22. Answer: B. 23. This is a case-control study (infarcts versus no infarcts). Therefore, use an odds ratio. The data is not incidence data, so relative risk does not apply. The IQ is scaled to have a mean of 100 and a standard deviation of 15. What percent of the cases are above two standard deviations above the mean? 5% of 400? (10) Power is the chance of detecting a difference in the study if there really is a difference in the real world. The question tells us what chance the researcher will have of finding a difference.
Long-term use effects i. Destruction of serotonin receptors (increased impulsiveness) H. Destruction of connections between brain cells (memory gaps) Anabolic Steroids a. Taken by male and female athletes to increase performance and physique b. , hypertension, diabetes, atrophy of testes, mood lability, depression, atypical psychosis c. Presenting signs include skin atrophy, spontaneous bruising, acne, low serum potassium levels i. For men: breast development, scrotal pain, premature baldness 11.
For children who die in a fire, the most likely cause of fire is cigarettes. c. The leading cause of death for African American males and females aged IS tO 24 is homicide. For white males, it is traffic accidents. d. Unintentional injury is the leading cause of death for persons aged l to 34 years. Rates of death due to unintended injury are highest for those older than 65. Infant mortality a. Rates per I ,000 live births 1. 0 n. 3 iii. 1 IV. 8 v. 2 b. Top three reasons for death: 1. Birth defects: 24% ii.